Skip to main content

A BURNING DESIRE

I am sure each of us had gone through or are going through a tough phase in our life. 99% of people think it's our fate, but the rest 1% people believe and consider the toughness as an opportunity to learn and take a decision to MOVE, they accept " I am traveling in tough route, I am feeling cramped, YES!! I am out of comfort zone". They don't give up, they don't complain, But they take a firm decision to MOVE. These people are later labeled as the most successful people in HISTORY of mankind.

 Thomas A. Edison
 Henry Ford
 Charles Dickens
 O. Henry
 Hellen Keller
Marshall Field and the list continues to Steve Jobs, Jack Ma, J.K Rowling

Today I am going to share what happened to one of my friends with whom I had an hour and a half telephonic conversation after 5 years. Now, he is no more a person I know, he is no more the person who used be in our school days. Literally, he is now no more a person whom everybody knew 5 years ago. A complete transformation!! A complete transformation!!

This is going to be little lengthy, so I request you to grab a cup of coffee, Tea, Green Tea, whatever you like before you start.

Let's begin.

17 Feb 2017, Friday evening 8:30 PM. I had almost finished reading "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse. Heard the voice my sister "brother your phone is ringing" I asked her to bring the phone. It was an anonymous number, but from the Truecaller app, I found that the call is from China. It's him, my old friend
With whom I used to hang around, we were on the same school bus, tuition class, any and everything. We spoke for a while, we spoke about our school days, Diwali celebrations in tuition class, making fun of others etc.

Throughout the conversation, I noticed the style of replying. It was totally different from the boy who I know years ago. he had changed. I felt a firmness while speaking. every word he used was so powerful. Even though we spoke about normal things, I felt a change.

Finally, I told him "You are not like before, you changed. I feel so. have you really changed"? 
He replied "Oh my friend! If you felt, then it's true. I think the circumstances I have been facing for the past 5 years did change me".


With uncontrollable curiosity, I asked, " I would like to know what happened exactly".
He replied, “You know, I am always a person who don't want to disturb my parents and ask pocket money. I used to think how to make some money so that, I don't want to ask my parents. Finally, an idea struck me. I started working on that. Within a year, my business became a huge success. I extended my service by starting a consultancy firm based in Kerala, to assist students for their higher education. 



Things went well for one more year. Everything was perfect. Now I am earning money far more than ever expected. Apart from money I earned a thing that cannot be valued in terms of money, THE TRUST of parents who send their children here. Most of the parents used to call me to tell "WE ARE FREE FROM TENSION ONLY BECAUSE YOU ARE THERE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM.” I was so happy to hear those words from them.



But Gokul!! do you know one thing. why small kids are considered as another face of God"
 
I replied, " because of their innocence?".
"Well said, but your answer is incomplete, there is one more thing: - of course we like their innocence when they are happy. but when are not happy, they will irritate us. Have you ever noticed the parents while traveling in a Bus, train or in a marriage function? when the kids get mood change they literally irritate the parents, that's the reason why we see fathers carrying their kids outside wedding hall, Movie hall or any other occasions.


I replied with a smile "Yes I noticed, citing various occasions that came to my mind". He continued "During the first two years, the kid was happy, so my business also went well. Suddenly the mood of the kid changed. I realized this when I received a call from Kerala (My office). It was the office boy who called me and said " SIR MR.X( THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF MY OFFICE) IS MISSING. HE ALSO TOOK THE MONEY SEND BY OUR CLIENTS (INR15 LAKHS).” 
Source: Google Images


I was terribly shocked. I asked the office boy to contact him on the available numbers, Go to his home and enquire. Actually, he tried his level best to find him, he called me when he found no way.

I don't know what to do, whom to ask. I called my friends in Kerala and ask them to enquire. But found no use. HE JUST VANISHED!!".

A silence from both the sides. Breaking the silence I asked him " what did u do after that"
He replied, "I called my dad. I was so afraid as he was against what I was doing, he had also warned me several times. But my Father told me " You are my son, Don't worry, I am with you. We can find him. Don't worry" these words from my father was the lifeblood of my existence. I was completely down, desperate, depressed, but those words gave me an unknown energy, an enthusiasm, a motivation. 

The most critical problem I had was to find the INR 15 lakhs (the money send by parents for their children's admissions). I had to deposit the money with different universities within 3 days. 
I discussed the situation with my father. He told he needed a weeks time to arrange the money.  I called the Universities to extend the date of payment of fees. They agreed. Till now my clients were unaware of this incident. But things were not as calculated. I don't know how, but the issue went viral. I started receiving calls from the parents.

Gokul, do you recall the words by them before "WE ARE FREE FROM TENSION ONLY BECAUSE YOU ARE THERE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM". They replaced it with "YOU CHEATER. WE TRUST YOU. YOU CHEAT US. YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS. IF YOU BUY A BOTTLE OF WATER WITH THIS MONEY IT WILL TURN TO POISON. Those words were like a curse. 

Gokul!! can you imagine this. I had lost!! I had lost something which cannot be valued in terms of money. Yes, Gokul!!. I lost their TRUST, but they were unaware that I had made their children's future safe.

I learned the kind of people around us. How they change, how they behave, I learned, the most complicated thing in the world is nothing but we, the Human beings.

Somehow my father managed to send me money. Problems got solved. I was completely depressed during this time. I lost my clients, I thought I lost everything, but there was one thing left. The most powerful supporters in my life "MY PARENTS". They told me "Don't worry. This is life. Remember one thing "Nothing is permanent" this will also pass away. Be confident".

During this period I realized. Whoever comes and go, the only people who stay with you is "FAMILY" the rest is just temporary, they will leave you when you are down.

Some of my friends and relatives called me "Some criticized me, some spoke with sympathy, some told pitied me.
Source: Google Images



Continuous calls, made me think " WHAT IS NEXT" I have two options
1. Stop everything. Accept your failure. Get a job, leave everything.
2. MOVE, DON'T SETTLE, SHOW THE WORLD, THE PEOPLE WHO CRITICISED ME, THAT I AM BACK.

I preferred the second one. Called a friend in Ukraine. Started a new consultancy. Same thing that I was doing. Initially, I struggled a lot. For almost a year, but now, I feel like the most successful person in this world. U know Gokul!! almost 75% of the money that I borrowed from my father has been paid back. Now I live a different life, It's not because I love it, BUT I WANT TO SHOW THE PEOPLE WHO HURT ME, WHO ABUSED ME, WHO CRITICISE ME, THAT "I Did SURVIVE"

Yes, Gokul "I Did SURVIVE".
...................................................................................................................................................................

Do anyone know what makes you different from others, the most fundamental thing??

" It's your thought, How you think and what you think is that what  makes you different from others"

In everyone's life, there will be a situation like this. Life itself asks a question to yourself giving two options.
1. Either you can stay depressed, get settled, and be in a comfort zone. OR
2. MOVE, BE A NEW PERSON, SHOW THEM WHO YOU ARE, DON'T SETTLE.

It’s just a matter of time and a thought.

IF IT'S POSSIBLE FOR MY FRIEND. IT'S POSSIBLE FOR ME AND YOU.
DON'T FALL AT TEMPORARY DEFEATS, GETUP, AND MOVE. IF YOU ARE TIRED DON'T QUIT.TAKE REST, SO THAT YOU CAN BE MORE ENERGETIC.

Have anyone noticed, what changed him, it's nothing but his own DESIRE. A DESIRE TO CHANGE, A DESIRE TO MOVE, A DESIRE TO ACT THAN BEING IDLE. 

Yes!! It was his BURNING DESIRE which leads him to overcome his terrible situation.

"Within every one of us there is a harmful fuel called fear, I am proud of my friend who burned the fuel to meet his Desire" 

" He was afraid of being Average, He was feared of being a desperate one" He found the fuel that can harm him, and used it to BURN HIS DESIRE" 

"He found the situation as an opportunity to learn and move, rather than accepting it as his fate"

THUS, HE REBORN!!.

THINK!

















     


Comments

  1. Hi gokul.....nyc msg....
    Nd to our frnd.....u did a grt job....Proud of u....congratz nd keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heads up man!
    U amaze me through all you thoughts .......

    Keep going!
    I smell the next famous author in you!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one mate!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written and composed Gokul..Keep it up and continue with your writings.
    Handsoff to your friend too for the courage shown by him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harish. Everyone has this courage. but seldom one realize it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PURPOSE

Yesterday on my way from Cochin, I experienced something really interesting. Had a wonderful talk with a strange lady.1.A lady around 35 years of age was carrying a child. She was not only carrying a child but also a long chain of key chains, pens, and drawing books for kids, some stationeries for sale. Normally we use to see people like her on trains and buses. But she was really a different lady. She came nearby me and asked “Sir, I have some good collection of key chains, pens, comb, kerchief. Please have a look”.  Actually, I don’t want anything, but the child in her hand attracted me with a cute smile. So for that, I decided to buy two key chains so that she could buy something for her child.
Time passed by many men and women passed selling different items, some beggars also passed by.
2.After some time I had noticed another lady carrying a child. But she was only carrying the child, not like the other lady. Actually, she was begging using the child. Within a while, she reached nea…

LOGIC BUBBLE

Hi,When I woke up today morning, I was thinking a subject to write. After a while, my mother came and asked me to go to the market and buy some fish. I thought ok!!, it's been so long I had visited the market. let's see the changes happened in the market over these days. My mother told me there is a pink colored plastic carry bag in the storeroom, take it when you leave. I moved to the store room, took the pink bag and moved. Because tomorrow is Christmas, the street seems empty. normally 11:00 AM will be one of the busiest time in a day here because it's the time market get's open.

On the way to market, I found various people whom I have met long back, a couple of middle-aged people, some aunties, children's, etc.I faced some cliche questions to a 23-year-old jobless boy, like, have you completed your course?, what is your future plan?, why not government job etc..etc.. somehow I managed to answer those questions. finally, I reached the market. even though the stre…